Thursday, February 16, 2012

W5 Projections I


PART III: Process Summary Description

1)      Copied data from R drive to S drive and unzipped to new folder
2)      Opened ArcMap and started ArcCatalog
3)      Viewed properties of cntbnd shapefile
4)      Added cntbnd layer to ArcMap
5)      Viewed Layers properties
6)      Opened ArcToolbox
7)      Expanded down to Project tool in Feature sub-toolset
8)      Using Project tool, reprojected cntbnd to NAD 1983 UTM Zone 16N
9)      Added new projected layer to ArcMap
10)   Added two new data frames to ArcMap and renamed layers accordingly
11)   Moved cntbnd_UTM16 to “UTM” data frame
12)    Using Project tool, reprojected cntbnd to NAD 1983 HARN StatePlane Floida North FIPS 0903(US Feet)
13)   Relocated the new projection to State Plane N data frame
14)   Saved map as Projections_I_BED.mxd to S drive
15)   Added “Area” field to each attribute table calculated areas for each county in with calculate geometry option
16)   Switched to Map View to finalize map
17)   Added title, North Arrow, Data source, Prepared by, Neatline, Scale
18)   All maps were set at the same scale
19)   In the attribute table I selected the four counties used for comparison
20)   In the Layer Properties, I selected the Selection tab and selected ‘with this color’, used red as a fill
21)   Next in the Layer Properties, under the Labels tab, I queried the four counties to just have their labels show up on the map
22)   Back in the Attribute Table, I Turned Off all the columns except NAME and Area
23)   I renamed NAME to County and I added (sq mi) to the Area
24)   Under Table Option, I selected Add Table to Layout
25)   To be able to read county names, I right clicked on the layer and selected Convert Labels to Annotation 
26)   Then I edited the font and moved each label to where it was visible
27)   This was repeated for all Layers
28)   Saved map as to S drive
29)   Exported map as Projections_I_BED.jpg to S drive
30)   Backed up all data to the H drive
31)   Posted all work as required

No comments:

Post a Comment