Friday, July 13, 2012

Module 5


PART III: Module Summary

I’m so confused right now I’m not sure exactly what I learned.

1.       Debugging a program that is written by oneself is very hard, let alone one written by someone else
2.      There are some good tools out there to help you debug a program
3.      It will take more than just a few exercises to really grasp the procedure
4.      I now know what some of the basic errors are so at least I can get a good start
5.      Some are quite easy to correct as the error is highlighted
6.      I know that you have fix syntax errors before you will see runtime errors
7.      Python DeBugger is a good tool for going step by step
8.      As long as I remember each of the commands and how to properly use each one
9.      You can print items in the debugger which will tell if things are going good
10.  This is good tool for testing loops
11.  Logic/semantic errors are the hardest to track down
12.  Will definitely keep exercises to look back over
13.  PyhonWin DeBugger was different, not sure I like it
14.  Would probably use Python DeBugger for a lot of variables
15.  Seems a lot more steps involved with PythonWin
16.  Still having problems with if/else statements
17.  Was able to fumble through the assignments, but thankfully there were a lot of good notes on the discussion board
18.  Learning scripting and debugging is a long slow tedious process
19.  My example scripts will help a lot when I run into a problem
20.  I’ve have a hard time writing these summaries because I am so focused on the problem at hand, that some steps are automatic and I can’t remember exactly what I did
21.  The first part of exercise was fairly easy to find the basic syntax errors
22.  The path took a while to get straight until I saw about the folder name
23.  The buffering was a pain, definitely have to look at each line carefully, this is where writing it yourself would help instead of trying to correct someone else’s
24.  With a lot of help from the discussion board I finally got it.  Thanks everyone
25.  The second one was fairly easy
26.  It only took a little while before I saw the wrong formulas
27.  I didn’t use any of the debugging tools we learned about
28.  Have to go back later and play with them more

No comments:

Post a Comment